External links were selected and reviewed when this page was last published or edited. However, International Biosciences are not responsible for the content of external websites. This is because:

• International Biosciences do not produce them or maintain/update them
• International Biosciences cannot change them
• They can be changed without International Biosciences’s knowledge or agreement

Some of our external links may be to websites which also offer commercial services, such as online purchases.

The inclusion of a link to an external website from the International Biosciences website should not be understood to be an endorsement of that website or the site’s owners (or their products/services).

Canada Child Tax Benefit and Universal Child Care Benefit (UCCB) – www.cra-arc.gc.ca
The Canadian Child Tax Benefit (CCTB) is a tax-free monthly payment made to eligible families to help them with the cost of raising children under the age of 18. The UCCB is for children under the age of six years and is paid in monthly installments of $100 per child.

Canadian Mental Health Association – www.cmha.ca
The CMHA is a nation-wide, charitable organization that promotes the mental health of all and supports the resilience and recovery of people experiencing mental illness.

Postal address:
Canadian Mental Health Association
180 Dundas Street West, Suite 2301
Toronto ON M5G 1Z8
T: (416) 484-7750
F: (416) 484-4617
E: [email protected]

Child Find Canada – www.childfind.ca
Child Find Canada (CFC) is a charitable organization dedicated to the personal safety of all children. CFC is a national organization representing and supporting its provincial members who assist in the search for and prevention of missing children.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) – www.cic.gc.ca
The Department of Citizenship and Immigration Canada links immigration services with citizenship registration while helping to promote and build a stronger Canada.

T: 1-888-242-2100

Cybertip!ca – www.cybertip.ca
Cybertip!ca is Canada’s National Tipline for reporting the online sexual exploitation of children. It is a centralized web portal for receiving and addressing reports from the public regarding child pornography, or any sexual exploitation.

T: 1-866-658-9022

Department of Justice – Child Support – www.justice.gc.ca
The guiding principle of child support law is that children should continue to benefit from the financial means of both parents just as they would if the parents were still together. Therefore, if you are divorced or separated from the other parent, you are both responsible for supporting your children financially

Employment Insurance Maternity and Parental Benefits – www.servicecanada.gc.ca
Employment Insurance (EI) provides maternity and parental benefits to individuals who are pregnant, have recently given birth, are adopting a child, or are caring for a newborn.

T: 1-800-206-721

Family Service Canada (FSC) – www.familyservicecanada.org
FSC is a not-for-profit, national voluntary organization representing the concerns of families and family-serving agencies across Canada. Membership includes family service agencies, corporations, government agencies and interested individuals.

Postal address:
Family Service Canada
c/o 312 Parkdale Avenue
Ottawa, ON K1Y 4X5
T: (613) 722-9006
E: [email protected]

Intercountry Adoption Services (IAS) – www.cic.gc.ca
Intercountry Adoption Services (IAS) represents Human Resources and Social Development Canada in its capacity as the lead federal department for intercountry adoption. IAS works with foreign governments, other federal departments, provinces and territories.

IAS works with foreign governments, other federal departments, provinces and territories. Provinces and territories have their own legislation governing adoptions, and under this legislation carry out case management of individual adoptions. For more information on intercountry adoption processes, please contact the appropriate provincial/territorial adoption authority

Ministry of the Attorney General – Child Support – www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.on.ca
Both parents have a responsibility to financially support any children. The amount of child support a parent who does not have custody must pay, is based on income and the number of children.

The Ministry of the Attorney General provides all relevant information and guidelines in this useful section of their website.

Ministry of the Attorney General – Family Law – www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.on.ca
Family Law involves all legal issues that can be dealt with in a family court, including divorce and separation, child custody and access, division or equalization of family property as well as support for you, your spouse and children.

Salvation Army – www.salvationarmy.ca
The Salvation Army is the largest non-governmental direct provider of social services in Canada. The Salvation Army is an international Christian church with its message being based on the Bible.

Postal address:
The Salvation Army Canada and Bermuda Territorial Headquarters
2 Overlea Boulevard
Ontario M4H 1P4
T: (416) 425-2111

Skip to toolbar